Tim has multiple certifications in his field:
- The National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM) is one of the personal training industries top certifying bodies. Its accreditations and teachings are recognized worldwide.
- The entry level certification is simply called Certified Personal Trainer (CPT). It covers the essentials of exercise prescription and teaches a fundamental understanding of kinesiology, the study of human movement.
- NASM also offers two advanced level certifications, one of which is a Corrective Exercise Specialist (CES). This course builds upon the principles learned in the CPT model and aids in the identification of muscular imbalances and movement deficiencies. Its programming design is focused more on rehabilitative issues. They include, but are not limited to improving posture, reducing pain and increasing range of motion.
- TRX is the original suspension training system designed by Navy Seals and used by clients on all levels. Its educational courses are challenging and intense. Participants must demonstrate full knowledge and progressions of the TRX system in order to be deemed a licensed TRX instructor.
- Kettlebell Athletics provides one of the top kettlebell certifications in the world. Its courses are tailored towards personal trainers who are looking to combine the art of kettlebell training with other modalities for overall success.
- IDEA is the world’s largest association for Fitness & Wellness professionals. Its Nutrition Essentials Certification covers the foundations of a healthy diet as it pertains to fat-loss and muscle building. From a clinical perspective, it also covers the lowering of blood pressure and cholesterol (LDL) through dietary adjustments.